Our client is a leading European provider of innovative, integrated logistics and value-adding services for the chemical industry and related sectors.
Market leader in Value Added Logistics for classified and non classified products with sophisticated filling lines the company can fill drums, IBC’s and smaller packages.
At there Ghent facilities they provide a wide range of processing and blending equipment, operated by experienced professionals.
We are looking for a Production Manager/Crisismanager for a mission of at least 6 month’s.
As a leader, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people and processes. As interim manager you will be expected to enable coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance.
As a leader you must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally,finally you must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
1. Provide strong leadership to the production area in daily interaction with the ability to assign work to employees in a clear, effective manner. Motivate and challenge to drive high performance.
2. Investigate processes to identify areas of opportunity for optimization of existing production. Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma knowledge required.
3. Demonstrated ability to make autonomous decisions to manage performance of the department Filling, including daily interaction with production schedulers/planners, maintenance as well as with administration departments (customer service, dispatch ...)
4. Responsible for the day to day operations and planning. Support and lead the company’s efforts in Practical Process Improvement, LEAN, standard work, 5S and ongoing projects
5. Ensure all activities are performed in a safe manner (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
6. Analyze and extract data to track, communicate, maintain and drive Key Performance Indicators towards excellence.
7. Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally.
Required Experience :
A minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience of plant or logistics experience
Bachelor’s degree require (Engineering discipline preferred).
A minimum of 5 years managing logistics operations.
Previous experience managing pick and pack operations.
A minimum of 2 years working in a Continuous Improvement (PPI, Six Sigma and/or Lean) environment.
Knowledge of DOT, IATA, and IMDG regulations as well as the ability to quickly learn company SOPs and Department Operating Procedures (DOP).
Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills.
Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change.
Ability to effectively supervise and lead in a union environment.
Proficient in excel, word, power point, and AS400.
Proven success in leading safety programs and working in a safety first environment.
Strong leadership capabilities to build and develop teams
Experience in chemicals industry
Strong ERP system experience
Experience with Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) solutions
Lean Six Sigma certification
Experience with value stream mapping
All operation activity complies with company, city, state, and federal regulatory and guidelines.SSHEQ rules
Solid verbal and written communication skills.. Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others - Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
Computer literacy; Microsoft Office software required; SAP particularly
Excellent project management, organizational, and analytical skills (spreadsheet and database competency).
Demonstrated influencing skills to work cross functionally in a matrix environment
Experience leading teams
Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capability