Job Title: Quality Manager
Reports To: Director Quality & Six Sigma/ Plant Manager
Interim mission of at least 6 months or longer
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality program designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable industry / customer quality standards (e.g., ISO/TS 16949)
- Develops procedures to support and implement quality systems applicable to area of responsibility
- Demonstrates full understanding of Advance Quality Planning tools (e.g., APQP/PPAP/MSA)
- Responsible to avoid product safety/ cost relevant claims for the Volkswagen Group (PSB ProduktSicherheitsBeauftragte)
- Ensures that all PPAP requirements are met
- Measuring the effectiveness of established quality systems (e.g., COPQ, BOS, SPC, audits, performance results) Formulates and maintains quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Interprets quality philosophy to key personnel in organization.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
• Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
• Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
• Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
• Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
• Designs and implements quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
• Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
• Leads and provides training in quality system audits across multiple (peer) sites
• Analyzes and drives systemic improvements to key quality measurements related to products, services, and processes in area of responsibility
• Identifies alternative statistical analysis techniques appropriate to a variety of products, services, and processes (e.g., capability analysis, PPM)
• Ensures implementation of continuous improvement action plans
• Performs verification/validation of implemented improvements
• Participates in benchmarking activities and ensuring integration of best practices throughout the organization (i.e., lessons learned)
• Enhancing supplier / plant performance to improve the quality of incoming materials, products, and services
• Ensures customer satisfaction as measured by the customer
Competencies: Expectation :
- Analytical Designs work flows and procedures
- Project Management Coordinates projects
- Interpersonal Maintains confidentiality
- Team Work Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Change Management Develops workable implementation plans
- Quality Management Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Business Acumen Understands business implications of decisions
- Cost Consciousness Works within approved budget
- Innovation Displays original thinking and creativity
- Planning/Organizing Planning/Organizing
• Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanics or Electromechanics)
• Min. 5 years of experience as a leader, managing technical personnel and complex activities in quality department.
• Min. 5 years of experience in a production environment.
• Experience in Automotive is a strong advantage.
• Fluent in Dutch and English, knowledge of German is an advantage
• Knowledge of TS- norm, Quality Planning Tools & Quality Systems
• Results oriented
• Good leadership skills
• Lean thinker
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in